Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Alexa!!!!

Today Alexa turned 5. Wow, I cannot believe that she is that old. Today when she woke up, the first thing she said to me was, "Do I look taller?" And the first thing she did this morning was try on her shoes to make sure they still fit. And by the way, she said they don't and that we need to buy her some new ones. She had such a fun day. We had a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party for her. She loved having her friends here to help celebrate. She had such a fun time playing games, unwrapping presents and of course eating cake and icecream. She has been waiting for her birthday for a long time; yay for Summer birthdays!!! After her birthday we went out for her birthday dinner. The place she chose to go tonight was the Mayan. She has been talking about going to see the divers for the past week. We were seated right in front of the divers at the restaurant which was awesome. The girls had such a fun time being so close to all the action. After dinner, we asked her what she wanted for dessert and she said an icecream cone from McDonalds; she is easy to please. Alexa had such a fun birthday. I am so grateful for my sweet little angel and I can't believe how fast she is growing up. She brings me so much joy each and everyday. I love you Alexa!!!

5 comments:

The Wards said...

She is getting so big and I love seeing her smile in primary! Sounds like she had a wonderful birthday! Kids say the cutest things and it made me laugh about getting taller and her feet getting bigger:). Happy Birthday Alexa!!!!!

Brittney said...

Happy Happy Birthday Alexa! She is adorable! I love that cake! Did you make it?! You seriously have skills! I love that she wanted an ice cream cone as her dessert. Hopefully now that she is starting a new year, she won't be so "Unlucky" and "untrue!" She makes me laugh!!!

Amanda said...

Happy Bday Alexa! She could not be any happier! What a sweetheart.

Lisa Burbidge said...

Looks like a lot of fun.. I loved the cake!! We all missed you today we had a ton of fun, hopefully you can make it up next time.

Misty said...

I love that Strawberry Shortcake is back from our generation! It makes me so sad to see our little preschool group turning into "big kindergartners". I am happy that they have their good, little group of friends!