Thursday, August 20, 2009
First of 1st
Today was Alexa's first day of 1st grade, and I thought Kindergarten was hard. It felt very weird around our house all today. I kept looking at the clock and wondering what she was doing all day and counting down the hours until I could go and pick her up. I have been pretty anxious about this day for a couple of weeks now. I had butterflies in my stomach this morning as I was getting Alexa ready for school. Alexa of course was excited as can be. She couldn't wait to go to school and eat lunch there. She was also super excited to go and see her class pet, Corky the turtle.
When we dropped her off, I held it together. I didn't start tearing up until I started walking away. I looked over at Doug and he was the same way.
When we got home from picking her up, I sat down on the couch with her and had her tell me exactly what she did from when she sat down at her desk to when school was out.
I took this picture of her when we got back home from school. As you can see, she was all smiles and had a great first day of school. Well, I am glad that we got through today. I can't believe I have a 1st grader. I am grateful for my little Alexa and the sweet girl she is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
She is so cute! I am excited to see her in library!
She is so cute! I can't believe that she is in 1st grade, I can't believe Rylie is either, they grow up too fast!
She is so adorable!! I love her hair long and straight like that, what a cute little 1st grader:)
I love her hair straight, my hair has never even been that long! I am so glad that you both survived her first 1st Grader Day!!
Sweet Alexa. I just love her happy personality. I know I already said this to you, but I can't believe they are all in first grade now. I can still remember that first day of pres-school and how little they were. WOW! Time really does go too fast. Eric's first official day is Thursday and I'm already a little nervous!
She looked so cute on her first day of school. She is such a smart girl and a real sweetheart. We loved baby-sitting her the other day.
Post a Comment