Monday, April 20, 2009

30-Something

Well, I am now officially a 30 something. That's right, today I turned 31!!! I remember when I was little, there was this show called Thirty Something and the people on it seemed old to me. Well I don't feel old and of course now I don't think that being in your thirties is old. It was a great 31st birthday. The day started off with Doug making me breakfast. It was nice not having my usual cereal and toast!!! Well then I did the most exciting thing of the day, which was going and getting my driver's license renewed. It doesn't get more exciting than that!!! I got a new picture and everything. I know that driver's license pictures aren't supposed to be the best pictures you will ever have taken, but wow, this one was TERRIBLE. I was telling my mom about it and she thinks that there is some cosmic joke that all driver's license pictures have to turn out bad... I totally agree. Well anyways when Doug got home from work we went to dinner at Tucanos. It was super yummy. At first Doug and I were just going to go to dinner without the girls, but I told Alexa that we were planning on going to dinner and she wanted to come too. Well so we took the kids and had a great time!!!Alexa told me today that when Daddy got home from work he couldn't do anything because he still needed to make my cake. I love that Alexa thinks birthdays are special and important. When Doug came home from work, she told him that he needed to start making my cake. Well he actually bought me a chocolate cheesecake which was delicious!!!!It's nice having such good little helpers blow out my candles. Well today was a great day. Thanks for all of the phone calls and messages everyone sent. I am so grateful for Doug, my family and friends for making it such a great day.

8 comments:

Amie said...

Happy Birthday Emily! You are totally NOT old! :)

Brittney said...

Happy birthday Emily!! You are so wonderful and I am glad that you had a fun cake-filled day!!

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

I have to agree....you are NOT old!! I hope that you had a great day!!

somecookIsew said...

Happy birthday, Emily, if a little late!

I agree about the requirement for a bad driver's license pic. They retook my first one because the first one was really good. They gave a lame excuse like, "It's too much of a profile shot." (It wasn't a profile shot at all, and the next one was almost the exact same pose.) They accepted the second one.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Emily, hope you had a great day! We miss you guys-

Chelsey said...

Alexa is going to be quite the party planner. That is cute that she thought of Doug making the cake. It sounds like Doug took really good care of you on your special day. I'm glad you had fun!

The Wards said...

Happy Birthday!!! So funny how we perceive things when we are little!!! (I was going to say "when we are young", but that is such a controversial word :)

Karen said...

I just stubbled onto your blog. Send me your email (jkmortensen@yahoo.com) if you want to get on mine. Happy late birthday! You guys are great to have in our neighborhood! I love the chocolate cheesecake! Glad to hear you had a good day.

Oh, totally agree with the DL pictures. Mine is when I was big, fat pregnant (1 week to go) with Nathan, and well..you use your imagination. Horrible.